Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7!

Posted by: banjoben
Apr 2017

Howdy friends and neighbors!

I've got big news for you. Please check out the "behind the scenes" update to see what's coming soon: CLICK HERE

And, if you haven't already, be SURE to sign up HERE to be notified about the new site launch and features!

20 Comments on "Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7!"

Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
Ben, you nailed it with the "curriculum" idea! I'm so excited to see it. I started using some of the Dummies book to get that lesson flow but now I will be able to get it all from the greatest banjo website of all time. Thanks for caring about and listening to your students! May God continue to bless your work.
Posted by Tom P on 4/7/2017 10:52:13 AM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
Where is your cabin location {General}??Do you do all your recording by yourself??Are your performing and/or recording any where??Are hiding Taylor ha ha
Posted by george sengstock on 4/7/2017 10:53:10 AM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
Thanks for sharing your "Parlor". Great information on your recording equipment. I'm on a Banjo Ben Break to practice my last Gold Pick Session and will be back. Love to see all your instruments too! Just ordered a new Huber Kalamazoo... I mentioned your name... Steve's happy response: "Good 'ol Banjo Ben" Love the idea of a curriculum.
Posted by Chuck Bates on 4/7/2017 11:31:42 AM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
Thank you so much Ben for all your hard work. I am very excited about all the new features you are adding to your site. We have been members for quite awhile now and my husband and I both enjoy your lessons. He plays banjo and I play guitar. Thanks again. Big Hugs, Linda P.S I really enjoyed this video.
Posted by Linda Cadeau on 4/7/2017 11:48:43 AM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
Looking Forward to the new plans. Sounds great. I hope the guitar site works more with pick direction on the tabs. I am never sure even after watching a lot of the instruction. I know all the songs and chords and don't have any real problems except for knowing if I need to play an up-stroke or down-stroke. Thanks, Larry C.
Posted by Larry on 4/7/2017 12:21:09 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
Awesome Ben, thanks for the inside look. Have some problems but can't wait to get back on board. Little over 70, enjoyed and learned more from you than ever thought possible. Thanks and God bless you, Ross
Posted by Ross cook on 4/7/2017 1:17:56 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
Ben, thanks for sharing! Really cool to see. Bill.
Posted by Bill from Milford NH on 4/7/2017 1:55:13 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
Hey Ben, Just watched the vid above. Awesome! I am glad for ya my friend. Ben as a Christian, (and as a fellow Christian you will understand this), it is a blessing to see someone else so blessed. And you are that, my friend. And I am truly glad for you. Bob in WV
Posted by Bob Selbe on 4/7/2017 2:35:32 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
Hey Ben !! So excited about your plan for step by step instruction !!! I've been struggling with that wondering if I was putting the cart before the horse lol. Looking forward to that format!! Thanks Ted
Posted by Ted Alexander on 4/7/2017 3:37:32 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
All looking really good. The directed progression plan will be great for many. Thanks, for ever advancing things, Ben!
Posted by Ron Mitchell on 4/7/2017 3:43:01 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
I always wondered why such a great instructor had such a terrible website. I believe great things will happen for you and your students with this overhaul. Thank you for being there.
Posted by Daniel Kubiak on 4/7/2017 5:38:23 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
So glad to see the great new updates coming! When do you expect a roll-out of the new site? My mandolin is aching to learn!
Posted by Robert Hollandsworth on 4/8/2017 6:07:56 AM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
So, excited about the new website - Always hear from great folks on what and how to learn the mandolin. So, it's been like eating soup with a fork....not real successful. Stayed busy learning songs but, nothing else. Now you are giving a starting point and path to success. Thanks! I just Love this site......pick on Bro!
Posted by Mike on 4/8/2017 7:38:22 AM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
I love the curriculum idea. Even without a curriculum, my playing has improved greatly just going through some of the arrangements on the site that I like. After working through these, I find I can play other things better than I could have prior to doing the Banjo Ben lessons.
Posted by DownVirginia8 on 4/8/2017 7:16:52 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
Really, really looking forward to the banjo info. I'm having similar issues with what do I focus on and what should I be doing next. But, on the other hand, I've gotten really good at playing "Taps"!
Posted by Judith on 4/10/2017 7:39:29 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
You are my bedrock for banjo
Posted by Cynthia Davidson on 4/13/2017 11:18:31 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Well just for the record this old dog turns Seventy in August and I am getting way too excited about Banjo Ben's new website coming online. Heck I sit up half the night wondering will this be the new dawn to learning a bag full of new tricks. Banjo Ben Does it Again!
Posted by Archie Cairns on 4/14/2017 1:36:48 AM
Keep up the great work Ben, You help every one that wants to learn. Thanks Jim
Posted by Jim Allan from Canada A on 4/15/2017 2:20:04 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
I'm thrilled about the new site! Also, I've been thinking about TRYING to learn the fiddle, so perhaps IF your new site is going to touch on that a little bit, then that might be what makes me go ahead with this new instrument.
Posted by David Hildreth on 4/19/2017 6:28:53 PM
Re: Update from the Pickin' Parlor! April 7! #
Hi Ben! I've used the site on and off for the last year to try and learn mandolin. It was a little confusing not knowing where to start or what direction to go next. Looking forward to the new site! As others have already said the curriculum idea sounds great!
Posted by John Po from NY on 4/22/2017 6:48:34 PM